Hi all… Marie Botkin of Georgia Southern University presented on building collaborations with FTC faculty during the FTC SIG’s workshop at the ARLIS/NA Annual Conference last April.
Her main suggestions, plus some others, are included here:
- Encourage co-collection management
- Solicit information resource suggestions from faculty and students
- Weeding parties with faculty
- Instruction (information competencies in fashion design)
- Student research consultations
- Research sources
- LibGuides (General subject guides, or guides tailored to specific courses)
- New databases
- Fashion blog curating
- WWW resources & RSS feeds curating
- Periodic updates featuring fashion items via email
Do you have others unique ways that you are collaborating with your FTC faculty? If so, Cecilia and I would love to hear about them. Thanks!