The University of Fashion
ABOUT the UNIVERSITY of FASHION
The University of Fashion is the brainchild of Francesca Sterlacci, a New York fashion designer, educator and author. Her mission is to preserve the art and craft of fashion design by bringing together the best fashion industry professionals to create lessons that inspire and educate students, teachers, home sewers and the fashion curious.
Each University of Fashion video is carefully crafted to provide the viewer with a clear, step-by-step lesson in all the key design disciplines, including draping, patternmaking, sewing, fashion art and product development.
By marrying the latest Internet technology with leading edge fashion education, the University of Fashion has filled a void in the world of online fashion education.
In additional to our how-to videos, the University of Fashion offers lectures on industry relevant topics and takes the viewer on location to key industry events and places.
Colleges around the country are currently using the University of Fashion to:
- Strengthen existing curriculum with expert tutorials in major fashion subjects
- Assist instructors with lesson plans
- Reinforce teaching skills and methods
- Inspire instructors to teach new subjects and methods
- Provide fashion industry-based knowledge & techniques
- Improve student retention rates by giving students access to supplemental learning and on-demand tutoring
- Save the expense of tutoring as students utilize U of F on-demand videos for their projects
- Stay current with fashion trends, technology and the pulse of the fashion industry
For a limited time only, the University of Fashion is offering schools a free six-month free trial. To sign up, visit http://www.universityoffashion.com/group-registration/
University of Fashion YouTube Channel: Video Selection
Myrna Dorfman, University of Fashion Education Consultant